Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ride for Kids

A few weeks ago, my dad, Melissa, and I went on a fund-raising motorcycle ride for kids with brain tumors. It was a nice ride through Orange County, NY. Strike that. Most of the ride was nice. The remainder was a nightmare for both Melissa and I. Neither of us had ridden that long together, distance or time-wise. So my bad posture was killing my lower back, and the six-inch-wide rear seat was killing Melissa. Add onto that the fact that I didn't think to bring sunscreen, and we were left with a lot of lessons for our next ride.

If we weren't in pain, it would have been a really nice day. The weather was great, the cops had all the side streets blocked off so we could ride without stopping for traffic or stop lights/signs, etc. It felt great riding with a bunch of people.


These are a few of the pictures that Bela took. The first one shows the sea of metal behind us. There were hundreds of bikers, more than I could count. The second one shows my Harley and my Bela's scooter (Honda Silver Wing).


No comments: