Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Rockin Eve 2007

After growing up watching Dick Clark ring in the New Year in Times Square, Kris talked me into actually going into the city and experiencing it first hand. I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves, just know we arrived in the city around 3:30pm and arrived at the corner of 46th Street and Broadway/7th Ave at 4:00pm to be "penned in" by the NYPD and that's where we stood for the next EIGHT hours with a million other people. While it was most definitely worth it, one of those once in a lifetime (or twice in Kris' case) things, it's not something I see us doing again any time soon...if ever. We stayed warm and had a great view of everything, but eight hours in one spot on your feet HURTS and by 10pm I was ready to call it quits. We made it through to New Year's, got the goofy "gifts" they hand out, saw several people preform live (none of which over-impressed us), got interviewed by an AP television crew (no we haven't seen the interview) and made it home by 2am even with a stop at "our" Dunkin Donuts for a pee break and some hot yumminess. We hope your New Year's was as much fun as ours!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are sooooooooo cute!! My stomach hurt!!

Glad to see that you had agood time! NYC Rocks!

Anonymous said...

You guys have a lot of guts! I've lived in New York all my life and never had the courage to go there for the New Year.

Anonymous said...

Wow, is Dick Clark still alive? I am glad you had fun in your new City!! The pics are too cute!