The daily happenings of Kris and Melissa, and the woes of married life. The joy, the pain, all that happy stuff.
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
I LOVE NY...Presbyterian Hospital that is!
For everyone that has been so supportive and wonderful over the last year and half...I finally have a GREAT job and am working with some amazing people. I started with NY Presbyterian Hospital in their Finance / Procurement Support Services department on June 26th. I'm essentially going to be doing a lot of computer work supporting all of the users at the hospitals' campuses that have to order supplies. Later in the year I will also be going out and helping some of the sites make the "painful" transition from paper to paperless. This department just merged into the Finance department and there will be lots of other big projects coming up in the next year or so. But enough of the actual work, let me tell you about the AMAZING people I'm working with. This being my second week on the job, I told my boss last week that someone very dear to me was in the hospital and I was just waiting to get the call that she had passed away. He then tells me that even though I won't have any time in the system until September 1, I can take a couple days off without pay to go home for the funeral if I want. One Friday, I was told that I could have not only one, but TWO days off WITH pay to go home. Have I said that I LOVE these people? If they are this great, and I've only been there a week I can't wait to see what the future brings for me at the hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to know that you've gotten a new job and that you are excited about it! Congrats!
Post a Comment