Over the next 11 days she took me to Nove - the ceramic capital of Italy; Venice - amazing web of tiny streets, canals, carnival masks and of course St Mark's and it's pigeons;

Pisa - home of the leaning tower (thank you for braving the pouring down rain so I could see it); I took an Army tour bus into Rome and spent the day there by myself since Monique didn't want to drag Eliza all over town and they had been there a couple of times before, (Rome was great until I got back on the bus to head back to Pisa which was a 3 hour ride that turned into the night from hell! The bus broke down about an hour and a half into the trip and we ended up sitting on the side of the highway for over two hours waiting for another bus to come down from the Army base to get us. I didn't make it back until after 11PM and that was after getting up at 5:30AM. Very long day indeed.); Cabrera - home of Michealangelo's marble and apparently closed on Sunday's except for the McDonald's at the bottom of the mountain; then to Vernona - home of Juliet from Romeo & Juliet and one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. It looked like a movie set. And at Juliet's house, you are supposed to leave a note with your name and the name of your lover to seal your love...of course, I've read that they've since taken all of that down because it was destroying the building.;
and lastly to the castle at Sirimone where I had Limoncello gelato and haven't been able to find anything that compares yet.
Again, thanks Monique for taking such good care of a love sick friend! Cioa bella!
No comments:
Post a Comment