The daily happenings of Kris and Melissa, and the woes of married life. The joy, the pain, all that happy stuff.
Saturday, August 01, 2009
Space Farms...very depressing
Kris and I took the day off for my 37th birthday with plans to take Bubby to Space Farms, but the rain didn't allow it so we went the next day. After reading their website, I thought the animals would have wide open spaces in which to run and play. We found quite another story when we got there. It made me very sad to see these majestic animals living in such small spaces with not much natural shade. Won't be going back there ever again and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who loves animals.
He kept playing peek-a-boo with Daddy's hat.
So sad.
The stuffed animals actually looked healthier than the live ones.
I haven't been to turtle back zoo in forever, but one of the shows I worked on, when we had a penguin for a TV special, had a trainer from there and she was great.
Hi, I'm Melissa and I went to high school w/ Kris and I'm following your blog via google reader.
As a matter of fact, both of them told me that when they made me watch Clerks with them. Steve is the one who introduced me and Kris. He's good. Married for 12 years and has two daughters. If you dig a little deeper in our old posts you'll see him and his family. We named our son after him and my best friend.
6 comments:
I haven't been to turtle back zoo in forever, but one of the shows I worked on, when we had a penguin for a TV special, had a trainer from there and she was great.
Hi, I'm Melissa and I went to high school w/ Kris and I'm following your blog via google reader.
Ps. Happy birthday!
Thanks for the tip and the b-day wishes. Steve Zimmermann actually told me about Turtle Back. Maybe we'll try there next time.
Did Kris tell you Steve was my prom date? How is he?
As a matter of fact, both of them told me that when they made me watch Clerks with them. Steve is the one who introduced me and Kris. He's good. Married for 12 years and has two daughters. If you dig a little deeper in our old posts you'll see him and his family. We named our son after him and my best friend.
I was following Steve's blog, but he seemed to have closed up shop.
I'll have to go back. And At some point, i'd love to meet you!
Post a Comment